I admit I am a Nutella newbie. Having only ever made these Nutella Cupcakes before, I wanted to find a new recipe but something that was still fairly straight forward. This is what I came up with!
NUTELLA MARBLE CAKE
8oz Unsalted Butter, Softened
8oz Caster Sugar
8oz Self-Raising Flour, Sifted
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
A Generous Serving of Nutella
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 ensuring the shelving is in the centre. Grease and line two sandwich tins.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar.
3. Gradually sift in the flour adding an egg each time as you go.
4. Mix the vanilla essence into the cake batter.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the two sandwich tins.
6. In each tin, dollop roughly 3 tablespoons of Nutella into the batter. Using a knife, swirl the Nutella throughout the batter to create a marble effect.
7. Bake the cakes in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool in their tins before beginning to assemble. Spread a generous serving of Nutella on one side of the cake before sandwiching the other on top.
9. Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
– Charlotte x
| Previous Recipe Honeycomb Cheesecake |
Follow on Facebook | Bake With Me Blog Facebook