You must know by now that I like a cookie or two. To me an American Cookie is one of the best, the crunchy outside is perfect against the soft, chewy centre that’s oozing with chocolate. It’ll always be a winner to me!
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
Milk & White Chocolate Bars (As much as you like!)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3. Grease and line two or three baking trays.
2. Sift together the flour and salt. (The recipe also said bicarbonate of soda, but reviews said it gave the cookies a strange taste, so I left it out!)
3.In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well combined. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. Mix in the sifted ingredients. Break the chocolate into chunks and stir into the mix. (Roughly I used a big bar of milk chocolate and a big bar of white chocolate.)
5. Place a generous tablespoon of the cookie dough on the tray, making sure there is plenty of room between the cookies to than can spread as they cook without getting stuck together. The recipe suggests 18 cookies, I think I managed about 14, so just judge as you go how far you can stretch the dough to.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Don’t be tempted to bake them longer as you’ll lose the chewy texture. Cool on baking trays before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
– Charlotte x
| Facebook Bake With Me Blog |