As part of family birthday celebrations last weekend, I went out for a meal at a lovely little Italian restaurant. Although the main course was lovely, would you believe that the thing I always most look forward to is dessert? Despite the fact that I will eat pretty much any dessert, cheesecake is one of my absolute favourites, so when I saw the honeycomb cheesecake on the menu, I was very excited indeed. This made me think that I’ve never actually made one myself so, as soon as I got home that evening, I searched online for a recipe – something simple for the cheesecake beginner.
175g Digestive Biscuits
50g Butter, Melted
300g Cream Cheese
300g Milk Chocolate, Melted
100g Dark Chocolate, Melted
1. Place the digestive biscuits in a zip-lock bag and crush using a rolling pin.
2. Mix the biscuit crumbs in with the melted butter and press into a springform tin and place in the fridge to harden slightly.
3. Gently combine together the cream cheese and mascarpone.
4. Melt both the milk and dark chocolate in two separate bowls. Once melted, leave to cool for a while before mixing the milk chocolate into the cream cheese and mascarpone mixture.
5. Gently streak though the dark chocolate.
6. Pour the cheesecake topping on top of the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for at least two hours or even better, overnight. I couldn’t resist the temptation and chilled my cheesecake for around 6 hours but it had set just in time!
- Charlotte x
| Original Recipe BBC Chocolate Cheesecake |
| Previous Recipe Golden Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies|