These Maltesers Cupcakes are such a fun idea and a perfect treat this weekend. Despite the original recipe having vanilla buttercream, I went with chocolate because in my eyes, the more chocolate, the better!
200g Unsalted Butter, Softened
150g Caster Sugar
50g Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
4 Medium Eggs
200g Plain Flour
10g Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
80g Maltesers, Crushed
110g Unsalted Butter, Softened
170g Icing Sugar, Sifted
55g Cocoa Powder, Sifted
1-2 tbsp Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c/gas mark 4, ensuring the shelving is centre. Line a cupcake/muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla essence.
4. Begin alternating between adding the flour and the eggs. Mix until smooth.
5. Add the baking powder and salt. Stir in the crushed Maltesers.
6. Equally divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
7. For the buttercream, cream together the softened butter and icing sugar.
8. Add in the cocoa powder and gradually add the milk.
9. Either spoon or pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake and decorate each with Maltesers.
I’d recommend you eating these pretty sharpish – just because the maltesers tend to go a little off over time. But they’re so delicious, I’m sure you won’t have any problems finding someone to eat them!
– Charlotte x
| Original Recipe Lorraine Pascale Malteser Cupcakes |
| Previous Recipe Honey Cake |
| Follow Bake With Me Blog on Facebook |