Now I say Coconut bars, but to be honest, they turned out more like boulders – nothing like the nice neat bars I had visioned on creating. Nevertheless, these coconut bars were creamy and delicious, best served straight from the fridge. When it comes to covering them in chocolate, it does get a little messy, but that’s just part of the fun, right?!
200g Desiccated Coconut
397g Condensed Milk
300g Milk Chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the desiccated coconut and condensed milk.
3. Take small handfuls of the mixture and shape into bars.
4. Place in the fridge to harden up slightly before covering with chocolate. (I left mine for an hour but 30 minutes should be fine)
5. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or over a hob, making sure the bowl avoids touching the water. Once melted, spoon the melted chocolate over the bars and place back on the grease proofed baking tray.
6. Place back in the fridge for half an hour or until completely set.
– Charlotte x
| Follow on Facebook Bake With Me Blog |