I absolutely love bakewell cake. You may have seen a previous post of mine where I raved about this Cherry Bakewell recipe. Therefore I thought I’d look for another recipe with similar flavours but slightly different. This one I found was SO incredibly easy and it makes a great dessert or is just as good on it’s own to have with your afternoon tea. Plus, it has raspberries in, so we can count that as one of your five-a-day too!
140g Ground Almonds
140g Butter, softened
140g Golden Caster Sugar
140g Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
Icing Sugar, dusting
1. Grease and line a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
2. Either using an electric whisk or food processor, blitz together the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract until throughly combined.
3. Pour half the mixture in the cake tin and smooth. Scatter the raspberries evenly over the mix before dolloping the remaining mix over the raspberries. Roughly smooth the mixture out. Scatter with the flaked almonds.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Leave to cool in the tin. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
– Charlotte x
| Bake With Me Blog on Facebook |