Whilst I know many new years resolutions will include eating healthy and to do a little more exercise here and there (I am included in this!), I have already broke this solution on several occasions, so I thought why not treat myself and tuck in to a good ole chocolate brownie!
185g unsalted butter
185g best dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
50g milk chocolate
dusting of icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/160C. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with baking paper. (My tin was rectangular 11×7 as that was all I had!)
2. Melt the unsalted butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Occasionally mix. Once melted leave to cool slightly.
3. Sift the plain flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and golden caster sugar.
5. Pour the melted butter and chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Gradually add the dry ingredients of flour and cocoa.
6. Break the milk chocolate and add into the mix. Give a final stir together, the mixture should be fairly thick and dark.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes. The brownies should be a little gooey when they come out the oven so try not to overcook. You should look out for the brownie coming away from the sides of the tin.
8.. Leave to cool before dusting with a little icing sugar and cutting into squares.
– Charlotte x
| Original Recipe BBC Best Brownies Ever |
| Previous Recipe Homemade Hot Chocolate |