When I came home from university this week, my Mum was super excited to show me a recipe that she had seen on a BBC programme, where Nigel Slater makes, what she calls ‘posher sausage rolls.’ So this weekend my Mum suggested ‘we’ (meaning me!) give this sausage danish recipe a go. Surprisingly, they were really really easy to make and super yummy. You can’t beat a good sausage roll at Christmas!
SAUSAGE DANISH RECIPE
375g/13oz Puff Pastry
Half An Onion
Generous Serving of Salt
Generous Serving of Pepper
Handful of Flour
1 Egg, Beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the puff pastry. Leave to stand.
3. Remove the skin from the sausages and place in a bowl.
4. Chop up the onion, add the salt, pepper and mix together.
5. Spread the sausage meat over the pastry, leaving a small border around the edge.
6. Brush the edges with a little beaten egg.
7. With the long end facing you, roll both short sides of the pastry in towards the centre so they meet in the middle, brushing with egg wash as you go.
8. Cut the roll into 8-10 finger thick slices. Place each one flat on a baking tray. Leave a little room between each danish.
9. Brush with a little more egg and then bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
– Charlotte x
| Original Recipe BBC Nigel Slater Sausage Danish |
| Previous Recipe Marshmallow Cupcakes |