Halloween will soon be with us once again so to get us all in the mood for the spooky festivities, I thought I’d have a go at baking some Halloween themed cupcakes. Now, I know these cupcakes aren’t perfect, but whose seen a perfect spider web anyway!?
150g Butter, Unsalted
150g Caster Sugar
175g Self-Raising Flour, Sifted
25g Cocoa Powder
250g Icing Sugar, Sifted
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, ensuring the shelving is placed in the centre.
2. Place 12 cake cases in a muffin tin.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, and gradually add each of the eggs.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until risen and a skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool before icing. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the water and give a good mix until well combined and fairly thick.
7. Spoon a little icing onto each cupcake using a teaspoon. Use the back of the spoon to form a neat-ish circle.
8. With the icing pen draw a dot in the centre of the icing. Then draw a circle around this dot in the middle, and then another circle around the middle one. (You’re just drawing three circles!) Then with a toothpick, drag the circles out from the centre to create the spiders web. (You have to be pretty quick with this as the icing will set!)
9. Leave to set before giving out to trick-or-treaters. Or just eat them yourself.
– Charlotte x
| Previous Recipe Lemon Drizzle Loaf |
And before I forget…