I originally found this recipe over at the Good to Know website (this is a site I regularly use for recipes, you should definitely check it out!) and thought that the combination of white chocolate and lemon sounded quite interesting and most certainly yummy. I’ve been wanting to try working with white chocolate for a while now seeing as I generally prefer to bake using milk or dark chocolate. I was pleased with the results of these cupcakes, not only was the sponge light and fluffy but the lemon came through well and complimented the sweet, but not too sweet, white chocolate frosting. If you’re in need of a new recipe this weekend, I’d recommend you give this one a go!
WHITE CHOCOLATE & LEMON CUPCAKES
120g Butter, Softened
150g Caster Sugar
200g Self-Raising Flour, Sifted
1tsp Baking Powder
1 Grated Lemon Zest
50g White Chocolate, Melted
120g Butter, Softened
200g Icing Sugar, Sifted
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, ensuring the shelving is centred. Line a cake tin with 12 cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Gradually sift in the self-raising flour and baking powder.
4. Add the milk, eggs and grated lemon zest and give a mix until combined together and a smooth cake batter has formed.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases and bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Leave the cakes to cool before adding the frosting. Melt the white chocolate either in the microwave or gently over a pan of hot water. Leave the white chocolate to cool slightly.
7. Cream together the softened butter and icing sugar. Add the white chocolate and gently mix together.
8. Either spoon or pipe a little frosting onto each of the cupcakes.
9. Decorate each cake with some grated white chocolate (if there is any left over as you may be like me and eat as you bake!) If you do decide to grate chocolate on top, keep the white chocolate in the fridge beforehand so it doesn’t melt with warm hands.
10. Share with your friends (only if you want to!) and EAT!
– Charlotte x
| Original Recipe Good To Know – Lemon & White Chocolate Cupcakes |
| Previous Recipe Chocolate Orange Marble Cake |