This is the first post to be written from my brand new university room! As I settle into what will be my new home for the next year or so, I thought this recipe would be appropriate for student life seeing as all you need is a microwave! Seeing as I share university halls with 10 other students, we have 3 microwaves, making this cake is incredibly easy, with it only taking a few minutes to prepare. It’s the perfect snack between lectures or ideal when you roll home at 3am! Even if you’re not a student, this cake is perfect for those lazy days where you just want to eat cake!
CAKE IN A MUG RECIPE
2 tbsp self-raising flour (medium-ish spoonfuls, not flat yet not heaped)
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 small egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp sunflower oil
Handful of chocolate buttons/chips
1. In a bowl mix the self-raising flour, along with the caster sugar and cocoa powder.
2. Add in the egg, milk and sunflower oil, giving a good mix together.
3. Add in a generous handful of chocolate buttons or chocolate chips.
4. Pour the cake batter into a large mug and cook in the microwave for 2 ½ minutes on full power.
5. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with cream or ice-cream. Yum!
In other news.. at university I have joined the baking society! I absolutely cannot wait to begin and am hoping that by joining I’ll be able to post new recipes and share what I have been inspired by. Hopefully, I can update you all on the baking society sometime next week! But for now..
– Charlotte x
| Original Recipe Sorted Food Cake In A Mug |
| Previous Recipe Nutella Cupcakes |