You’d expect that on a Saturday night, most 18 year olds would be out and about partying with their friends, and even better, if their home alone, bring the party to them. Yet this weekend, whilst I had the house to myself, I decided bake some cookies, wrap myself up in a snuggie and hang out with Harry Potter on the telly. That’s what I call, a wild night in!
CHUNKY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
A good pinch of salt
2 bars of chocolate , one white chocolate, one milk chocolate, roughly 200g altogether
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 ensuring the shelves are in the centre.
2. Line two trays with greaseproof paper using a little butter.
3. In a bowl, combine the butter with both types of sugars until soft and creamy.
4. Add in an egg that’s been lightly beaten, as well as the vanilla extract and mix.
5. Gradually sift in the self-raising flour, along with a good pinch of salt.
6. Chop roughly 200g of white and milk chocolate (I may have been a little generous and added more!) and add to the dough.
7. Roll the cookie dough into small balls (about the size of a walnut) and place on the baking tray, giving each cookie a little press to flatten them down slightly. Don’t place the cookies too close together as they will spread and stick together! On average, this mix makes 12 cookies although I managed to make 14.
8. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes for a chewy cookie or if not 10 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
10. The only thing left to do now is eat!
– Charlotte x
|Previous Recipe Cadburys Chocolate Cupcakes |