So with Easter fast approaching, it just wouldn’t be complete without the Chocolate Cornflake Cake! Now, I know that this may not be the most exciting of recipes but you can enjoy these whatever your age! Not only are they quick, cheap and easy, they are most importantly – delicious!
CHOCOLATE CORNFLAKE CAKES
– 300g Milk Chocolate
– Box of Cornflakes or Rice Krispies
– Mini Eggs
1. Place twelve cake cases in fairy cake tray.
2. Break your chocolate into pieces and either melt in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a little simmering hot water. (Never let the base of the bowl touch the water!)
3. Once your chocolate is melted, gradually add in your Cornflakes or Rice Krispies. Stir as you go so that you can judge whether you need to add more cereal. Make sure they’re all coated in chocolate, you don’t want any plain cereal – they all need to be chocolatey!
4. Spoon the mixture into your cake cases and decorate with mini eggs.
5. Pop in the fridge to set for 30 minutes or so and your done!
You can’t beat a Chocolate Krispie cake at Easter and you do only get Mini Eggs at Easter….. so what are you waiting for?!?
Comment, Like, Reblog.
(I apologise for the poor image quality – these were taken on my phone!)