These are a chewy, coconutty, delicious kind of flapjack. I had never heard of diggers before, but they’re definitely worth a try!
120g plain flour, sifted
225g caster sugar
80g desiccated coconut
120g butter, melted
1tbsp golden syrup
1 level tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2tbsp boiling water
1. Grease and line a square tin. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 160°c ensuring the shelving is centre.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar and oats.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan along with the golden syrup. Gently heat until melted.
4. Mix the bicarbonate of soda with tablespoons on boiling water. Add to the butter and syrup mix.
5. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together throughly.
6. Tip and press down the mixture in the tin. Alternatively, you can shape into small cookies and place ion a boing tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden. If making as cookies, bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Cut into squares.
- Charlotte x
| Original Recipe Hairy Bikers Mum Knows Best |
| Previous Post Sweet Pear Sponge |